Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Yay for me!!

I just spent what was left of my evening making a spreadsheet in Excel for my budget. Ya know, it's funny - when I had to take Computer Science 101 for a math credit to transfer to university, I bitched and complained about it. But it has come in handy at least five times since then, not least being tonight with my own spreadsheet with automatic calculations and everything. I'm pretty proud.

I'm also bloody exhausted because we sparred for an hour at Purple Dragon tonight. It's a drill called "10-hand" where you throw a technique and your partner blocks. Then they throw a technique and you block and you go around and around and around. 45 second rounds with the same person, then a 10 second rest while you switched partners and went again. Good cardio workout although it really drove home to me that I am terribly out of shape.

On the plus side, I spoke with one of our instructors who is a personal trainer and he is going to do a few sessions with me. I'm bartering him some of my coffee markout. What I would do without that pound of Starbucks a week I just don't know. I barter with my hairdresser, my esthetician, now my personal trainer. It's a good thing. *grin*

I stopped at the grocery store briefly on my way home to pick up a few goodies and all I wanted when I finally sat my ass on my couch was a bowl of cereal. Sounds simple, right? Obviously not for me today. The milk I had just bought was sour so I took it back. I thought about doing it tomorrow but realized that I really wouldn't want to do it tomorrow. I have to get up at 4 to go to work and then I have just enough time to come home, have something to eat and relax a little before I have to head off to school and my dreaded hated Phil of Mind class. Ugh. That's enough stress in one day without having to trek back to the grocery store to get my four bucks back.