Monday, July 17, 2006

The green-eyed monster is a terrible thing.

It's my friend Lori's birthday celebrations this Friday coming up and I'm really excited to see her and her husband and the rest of that gang. I don't hang out with them that often because I'm so busy and so the times that we do party together are always a blast. I flirt shamelessly with her husband ... and her, to tell the truth. She was the first (and only so far) woman I ever kissed. I can be a person with them that I am not anywhere else.

Trouble is, they have met the boyfriend's ex, Lisa, and when I was browsing Lisa's blog and reading about her recent troubles (I like to stay on top of them so I can be prepared) I saw that Lori has invited Lisa to the party on Friday and a huge part of me doesn't want her to come. She came on the trip north when T and I went to meet his parents because she tried to commit suicide recently and he wanted her under his eye so that he wouldn't have to worry about her doing something while we were gone. T likes to invite her to do most things with us so that she doesn't feel left out (wtf!!!) and now she's probably coming to Lori and Joe's and that means that it will be different for me.

I think that part of the problem is that she is incredibly rude to T. She puts him down, calls him stupid if he makes a mistake, that kind of thing. She does it in a tone of voice that makes it seem like she's kidding but I do not think she is. She has incredibly low self esteem (probably because of her depression) and I think she uses that to bolster her own feeling of self worth but it's getting really old. He never says anything, probably because it's just easier to shut up than argue with her, but I'm getting to the point where I might blow up at her and tell her to either treat him with respect or shut the fuck up. Of course if I do that then where does the respect for T go, what with me having to stick up for him and all?

Grrrrr. I want this situation to just ... be gone. When T and I are alone or with other people, things are great. He stayed at my house this past weekend and we had a fantastic time. He is a completely different person when he is not hanging around her, and I have planted the seed that perhaps it is time that he changed his living situation. I could see this having a long term possibility if she were no longer a problem.

Oh, and on a positive note, we played yesterday. He was pawing through my toys on Saturday and came across my smart balls, and happened to make the comment that they are supposed to be a lot of fun during a spanking. Yesterday he told me to put them in and then he used my wooden hairbrush and leather slapper and his hand and mmmmmmm it was lovely. And he was right - the smart balls were a lot of fun. Bonkity bonkity bonkity. *grin*