Friday, December 29, 2006

I barely slept last night. I couldn't get my brain to turn off. Oh, the joys of being an insomniac. The best was getting up at 3:45 to get ready for work. Bleh.

After I got off work I thought I would take a nap but all the coffee I had swilled had finally kicked in, so I lay on the couch and watched tv all afternoon instead. I planned to go to yoga at 6:30 but the class was cancelled so I did a 45 minute routine at home, followed by 30 minutes of upper body sculpting, followed by a 30 minute walk. Hopefully the exercise and the fresh air will combine to make me sleepy when I get to bed.

Also, I'm trying to avoid thinking about him. I emailed him 2 days ago and haven't got a response yet. All I asked for Christmas from him was a phone call and when he emailed on Christmas Day, he said he would try to call me the next day. Still haven't received one. Still, patience. It is what it is, and I feel better about myself that I have been somewhat busy this evening and haven't spent the whole time moping and wishing for some contact.

I'm trying to convince myself that I won't phone him on New Year's, especially since when we hit midnight, it will be 3 am for him, but somehow I think that the booziness will kick in and at the time it will seem like a great idea. I could leave the phone in the car but ... what if he calls me? I can't take the chance! The goal is to not call or email him for a week and wait and see if he initiates any contact. It would be nice to think that he thinks about me when I don't do the initiation but my expectations are low. It's better that way - lower expectations mean that I don't get disappointed.