Thursday, September 01, 2005

Embarrassed at work

Someone made me blush today.

It's hard to embarrass me. I can be embarrassed for other people, if for example I'm out with a friend and they are being rude to a customer service person. I feel embarrassed for them that they were never taught better manners.

But for myself? It's rare. As an illustration, let me tell you that almost everybody who is close to me knows about my love for spanking, and the really close ones know that I am a submissive and a masochist. I don't keep much private. I'm not embarrassed by who I am. In fact, I quite like me. *grin* And of course, there is the lovely embarrassment when a Dom "forces" me to tell him my intimate fantasies - but that's different. *wink*

Two steps up the management chain at my work is a man who I used to work directly under, about five years ago. We got along great - very good chemistry for a working relationship. He was having a meeting with my direct supervisor (neither of whom have managed me for very long) and he said to her, "Just to let you know, sooner or later you're going to piss dawn off." She told me this today and I started laughing really hard (because it's true and we both know it) and then she said, "Oh you're blushing! I never thought I would see you blush!"

People have this idea that I am this big scary mean person and yet I'm not in the slightest! And it's not that he was implying this or that she believes it either - but people do tend to worry about me being pissed off. I think it's because I value competency so highly and it irritates me when people are incompetent and don't care. And don't try. And don't ask for help! Argh!

I just thought it was funny that some simple words of truth could make me blush. It's not that I'm ashamed of my inablility to be tolerant of stupid people. I don't think I need to become more tolerant - I think common sense needs to become common again. And I guess I haven't changed too much in five years if he could still hit the nail on the head without even speaking to me in about a year and a half.