Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Woo hoo!

S called me tonight.

I was over at Y and M's house, watching hockey, and my phone rang when the third period had just started. I looked at the call display and got a huge smile on my face when I realized it was an out-of-town area code. As soon as I picked up, M said, "Baby, come back to bed!" and Y chimed in with some other, admittedly funny, comments too. I was laughing but I decided to take the call into the kitchen and forego watching the rest of the game so that I could concentrate on S.

He sounded exhausted. I wanted to snuggle him, he sounded so tired. We talked for 33 minutes, according to my cell phone, and it was great. He hasn't booked a flight home yet but he wants to fly out on Thursday, regardless of what the cost will be. I told him that I have no plans so if he gets a flight that gets him in at 3 in the morning, that is no problem and I will be there to pick him up. He promised to email me as soon as he books the flight so that I know and can arrange it. I told him that he should nap on the plane because I don't plan to let him sleep right away when he gets home. *grin*

I also mentioned his mention of wanting to buy some hemp rope, and that T sells rope. I told him the price which is extremely reasonable because T is giving me a great discount - 30 feet of treated, ready to go hemp rope for $12.50. S wants to get some, so I plan to ask him how much he wants and then get the ball rolling on this. I said that the rope he used on me that last night before he left was fun but tends to leave rope burn if it's pulled off quickly and he said that he was just going with the moment. I hastened to add that it was awesome, and the "don't move, don't talk" bit was really great too, just in case he had missed it. I firmly believe in giving positive encouragement for sexual behaviour that one wants to have repeated. I can't expect him to read my mind and know how hot I thought that was - and I thought it was really fucking hot.

L showed up while I was on the phone, but it was good. Now that I don't have to be around her all the time, I don't mind spending time with her socially. M left for work and the three of us stayed up until 2am gossiping and chatting. It was really fun. And best of all, I got to run my insecurities about S and his (not yet final) divorce and all that jazz by Y, who is divorced and so is M, so she knows a bit more about how to handle it. She told me that she thinks S is giving me all the right signs that he's interested in more than just a fuck - for example, that he has said he wants to get married again and have kids, and the fact that he emailed me on Christmas and the fact that he called me tonight. In other words, shut up with the insecurities because it's going to be okay. She did have good advice about not moving too quickly; because he is just getting out of a long term relationship he may not want to dive into another serious relationship right away but so long as I don't put the pressure on, while maintaining my interest, then he hopefully won't get scared away. I'm up for the challenge.

Man, I hope he gets a flight for Thursday. That's only two more sleeps away and one of them I am about to do now. I am so tired and I smoked so many cigarettes tonight - I just want to fall into my bed and do nothing but breathe! *lol*