Friday, January 05, 2007

I have had a great 24 hours.

Picked up S at the airport and we went for some food at a Cuban restaurant down on Commercial. We ended up drinking some wine back at his house, then heading over to my house for me to grab some stuff. He really liked my house, which was cool. I'm very proud of my house and the way it is decorated so it's nice when people appreciate it.

We bought a few bottles of Saki and another bottle of wine, and when we got back to his house we went for a walk around the block and smoked a joint. I haven't smoked pot since the summer so I got really stoned. It made me giggle a lot. Then we split one of the bottles of Saki - well, when I say split I mean he had most of it and I had two little glasses. I'm still undecided about whether I liked it or not.

And then, we had sex. Mmmmmm. Happy happy girl.

We fell asleep early because he is still on Eastern time, and woke up this morning about 7. Had some more yummy sex, then got up and went for coffee, then breakfast. He, of course, wanted to see if he could scrounge up some work for today or at least for starting Monday. Even though it's snowing down here right now which means it's dumping on the mountains, he'll still work this weekend if he can get some, rather than go use his new snowboard. I have to be impressed with his work ethic.

I'm hoping that he will be free this evening to watch the hockey game over at Y and M's house. It's pay-per-view against Edmonton and if we win, it takes us to 6 in a row. He's not much of a hockey fan but I'm hoping that he'll enjoy watching with us. I was explaining how goofy we get, which is no surprise to him. I think he thinks I'm already goofy, just as I am. *giggle* Getting stoned last night didn't change that opinion, let me tell you. I told him that Y and I were giggling over the idea of sex with a goalie because "they're so bendy!" and his comment was, "I'm just as bendy as a goalie, ya know." Yeah, I know. Have I mentioned YUM?

He kissed me goodbye after cleaning the snow off my car and getting it up the street for me, and making fun of me for being a typical Vancouver idiot in the snow, and he said he'll call me later. I figure that I'll give him until 5 and then I'll send him a text, reminding him about hockey and asking him to bring the wine. I really hope that he'll come because it would be awesome to hang out with him and Y and M. I think that Y and S will get along like a house on fire. They've already met at the party where I met S, but they haven't really had a chance to get to know each other, obviously.

He said, more than once, that he's so glad to be back in Vancouver. Even though his family and his friends are back in Ontario, he said that he feels like this is home to him. And that makes me feel very optimistic about the future.