Thursday, April 12, 2007

Annnnd it was just as bad as I suspected it would be. T tried to make conversation all night - I resolutely ignored him and didn't make eye contact. I was fucking busy watching hockey for goodness sake! L made stupid comments which made me heave large sighs, which made Y look over at me and giggle to herself because she knew what I was feeling.

Friday night I will be at my brother's house, watching with real fans. Y and M asked me about Sunday's game and I hedged but I already know that I will not be watching any more games at their house. It's just not right to watch any high pressure games and not be with my bro. Olympics, Stanley Cup playoffs, World Juniors - it's always us and whoever wants to join in. The rules are simple. Watch the game. Don't talk unless it's hockey talk. Eating and cooking is done during the intermissions. Most importantly - watch the game.

At least we won. If we had lost after all that (136:06 minutes in total) and I had been forced to spend time with T and L - I would have been severely pissed. As it is, I'm happy and now I am off to bed.

G'night.