Friday, March 02, 2007

I think he's gone.

I phoned him to see if he was attending the dungeon party on Saturday, the one where we originally met. His phone was turned off, which was weird. I left a breezy message, just saying hi and asking about the party. I asked him to call back. He hasn't called back. That is also weird.

And I haven't seen his truck outside his house at all in the past couple of days. Since I called and got silence in return, I got curious so I've driven by a few times. There is no glow coming through the window from his laptop that he always leaves on.

So. I think he's gone. Back. To her.

Which makes sense. I was just saying to Guns two nights ago that he should have gone back already. After all, if I was his wife and we had started having conversations about getting back together, I would be saying "Honey, come home. Please." They can't possibly decide whether they want to be together unless they are together.

Still. If he's gone ...

It's good.

It needs to be done.

But - a little lonely.