Monday, January 29, 2007

And just when things were good ... he went stupid again!

I called S today to see if he wanted to come over and have dinner with me and hang out. He sounded really happy to hear from me when he answered the phone, but he had a lot of stuff to do today and he wasn't sure. He said he'd call. I said, "Do you promise you'll call? Because sometimes you say you'll call and then you don't..." so he said he would call if he was coming over. Basically I took that to mean that he wasn't going to come over.

Around 4:30 I called him and left a message, asking if he knew whether he would be coming or not, because it would change my plans for the evening. I asked if he could just call and let me know either way. I gave him an hour and a half to call back, and then I went and watched the game at Y and M's house.

He never called.

I just don't get it. He sounds psyched to hear from me; he even called me the other night and asked me to hang out. But then, he can't be bothered to call me back when I'm telling him that I want to make other plans if he's too fucking busy to hang out with me? He's either oblivious, selfish, or stupid, and none of them are terribly attractive.

One step forward, two steps back.