Wednesday, January 24, 2007

I cannot believe the selfishness of my mother.

I just called to confirm something with her, and she said that she missed me this morning, because I spent the last four nights over there when my dad was away. I thought she was being sweet - nope. She was complaining (shocking!!) because she had to deal with the dog this morning. He wakes up between 5 and 7:30 every morning and he needs to go out. Every other morning in creation, my dad deals with him. When I stay over, I deal with him. She had to deal with him this morning and she's pissed at my dad because she had to get up early. One morning out of ... hundreds.

I wonder - can't she see how selfish that view is? She even admitted that Dad needed a good night's sleep last night after being away for four days and having to get to work early today, and yet it's still not acceptable that she had to get up to let the dog out.

I just don't understand.