Sunday, January 14, 2007

Y called me last night around 4:30 in response to the emo text I sent her before S called. She was checking in to see if I was all right. I told her the whole situation and her advice - don't phone him. Make him put in the effort to see me. Don't remind him about the movie tonight or send him a text or anything. After all, weren't our mothers right when they said that men won't buy the cow if they can get the milk for free? She also counseled me not to bring it up. Not to bother "having the conversation". I agree if he is planning on moving to the Northwest Territory for awhile because clearly there will be no relationship while he's gone. Yeah, I'd like to keep in touch, but that's about it. But if he stays in Vancouver, there will have to be some kind of conversation because I don't want to feel like I am an afterthought or no thought in his mind. There's no point to that.

I felt a lot better after talking to Y, even though she didn't say anything that I hadn't already thought to myself. But as she said, sometimes it's nice to throw things at a sounding board and see how they come back.

I just wish I had managed to get to sleep before 5am. It wouldn't matter so much except that I have to work tomorrow at 5:30am and so I hope I can sleep tonight. This whole no exercise thing because of my ankle is fucking with my sleep situation. I want to get in to my chiropractor on Wednesday and see what he thinks. The damn thing is still slightly swollen although the bruising has almost disappeared. But it starts to ache if I have to stand on it for long lengths of time, and I start to limp a little if I walk on it for anything longer than about 2 minutes. So frustrating because today is one of my favourite kind of days - sunny and clear but cold - and I would love to go walking with a coffee but alas, not for me.