Monday, January 08, 2007

Watched the game again at Y and M's house tonight. It's becoming a ritual, and one that I'm liking! She had said that she had work to do and so I had to leave right after the game, which I was willing to do ... but then we started talking and I didn't leave until after 1am. Oops. It was a good conversation though, and one that I really needed to have. It was mostly about family stuff and relationships within the family, and she gave me some good advice about how to talk to my mother. We'll see how well that goes. My dad is out of town from Tuesday to Saturday and I will be staying at the house to help look after the dog, so we'll be spending some time together. Of course, school starts tomorrow (well, actually later today) so I will be gone for a lot of the time.

Y gave me some advice about S, though, when he came up in the conversation right at the end. "Tread lightly." I think it may be a case of right guy, wrong time, but who knows. She agrees that I shouldn't call him and I should wait for him to call me. I'm trying to think of a time when he called me unexpectedly, but even when he was away and called, it was because he had said he was going to and then I reminded him. This time, I really want to see how long it takes him to call. I want to see if he goes to Cuba and doesn't let me know. Basically, I want to see where I stand. I'm not asking for much. I would just like to know that I'm in his thoughts sometimes and that the interest is not all on my side.

Logically, I know it isn't. I know he's interested and I know he's attracted. But emotionally, it's way more tricky than that, and I need a little reassurance.