Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I wrote about expectations a few weeks ago, about how if one keeps one's expectations low or non-existant, then one cannot be disappointed.

But I wonder, am I really getting rid of the expectations or am I fooling myself into thinking that I am not disappointed when my expectations are not met?

They are not high. They are almost as low as they could possibly be without being non-existant, but they are still there. And every time they are not fulfilled, I try to explain to myself that it's my fault for having the expectation in the first place. I know the score - take it or leave it, this is the way that it is.

But maybe ... I'm worth having expectations? I dunno.

And that's what scares me - that I can question my self-worth over something so ... intangible.